Old mac serial and Palm

sloopy malibu yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 22 23:30:01 2003

On 8/22/03 17:40, "Daniel" <nospam@drlock.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get my Palm VII to Sync to my Beige G3.  I don't have any
> USB, so my only option seems to be MAC serial.  I got an old min-DIN8 to =
DB
> 9 adapter (originally used to sync palms in the Mac OS).
>=20
> I am trying to use KPilot on YDL 3.0, with stock kernel, but I am not sur=
> what /dev/* to use.
>=20
> I have tried /dev/ttyS0, /dev/ttyS1, /dev/cua0, /dev/cua1, but none of th=
em
> even seem to give a flicker of recognition.
>=20
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>=20
> Thank you.
>=20

On my 8500 with YDL 3.0 I used to sync my IIIe with no problems... Only
thing I need to do was make a link from /dev/ttyS0 to /dev/pilot and it
worked fine... I used mini-din 8 to DB9 adaptor from a handspring visor syn=
kit and just a sync cable (I bought my IIIe used so never had a dock) and
had no problems...

Also to note for others interested...

I bought a keyspan USA-19QW serial/USB adaptor and I synced fine on my B&W
G3 with my IIIe using YDL 3.0... Didn=B9t need to load drivers or anything,
the kernel recognized and config'ed it automagically...

sloopy.