OpenOffice.org 1.1 and Java

Kevin B. Hendricks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 25 19:13:01 2003

Hi,

Okay, there was a slight bug in jvmaccess that was causing all of the
problems.  I can now export to xhtml via the Blackdown JDK and using the
extra added jars into ext.

If anyone desperately needs a export to xhtml before the final release I can
try to get them a pre-release build of OOo 1.1 RC4 but it will require almost
an 80 meg upload/download and it may not be final.

Just let me know if you are desperate.

As for using the IBM JDK 1.4.1 with OOo, it can't be used yet.  Sun's OOo code
is very very particular to Sun/Blackdown builds and will need some changes to
actually use it with IBM's jdk that may or may not be acceptable to Sun.

But getting the IBM JDK to work with and build OOo is on my to-do list.
However, it would sure help if IBM released the fixed JDK/JIT so that we
don't have to trick that processor name just to use it.  Does anyone know if
they have yet released a "fixed" version?

Hope this helps,

Kevin
please cc me directly since I get this list in digest form