Cinema Display

Jim Cole yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 1 01:06:02 2003

Hi - Has anyone had any luck with a dual G4 (1.42 GHz -- Radeon 9000)
and 20" Cinema Display under YDL 3.01? I didn't run into any obvious
problems with the install and the system seems to boot fine, however X
is hosed. I just get a bunch of jagged lines across the screen. I have
tried passing video=radeon:dfp, tried different color depths, and tried
a few different resolutions. If it matters, I did try the native
resolution, as well as a couple others. I eventually gave up on the
initial configuration and tried Xautoconfig with no luck. The result
was more or less the same in all cases. Any other tricks that might be
worth trying?

Is this combination perhaps known to be unsupported? The dual 1.42's
don't seem to be listed explicitly on the hardware support page.

Thanks.

Jim