Cinema Display

Jim Cole yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 2 02:31:03 2003

On Dec 1, 2003, at 1:05 AM, Jim Cole wrote:

> Hi - Has anyone had any luck with a dual G4 (1.42 GHz -- Radeon 9000)
> and 20" Cinema Display under YDL 3.01? I didn't run into any obvious
> problems with the install and the system seems to boot fine, however X
> is hosed. I just get a bunch of jagged lines across the screen. I have
> tried passing video=radeon:dfp, tried different color depths, and
> tried a few different resolutions. If it matters, I did try the native
> resolution, as well as a couple others. I eventually gave up on the
> initial configuration and tried Xautoconfig with no luck. The result
> was more or less the same in all cases. Any other tricks that might be
> worth trying?

Answering my own question in part, on the off chance that someone else
finds it useful. After some trial and error I found that commenting out
the '"UseFBDev"  "true"' option in XF86Config allowed me to bring up a
functional X session at native resolution. However I no longer have
usable consoles if I drop back out of X. I haven't had time to look
into that one in any detail.

Jim