Beige G3 with Ati Rage Orion X server driver problems..

Adrian Finn yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 2 08:39:02 2003

Hi

I've successfully installed YDL 3.0 on my G3 233 minitower with upgraded G3
processor.

X works with the fbdev driver but it's really slow.

I've tried to use the r128 driver in the XF86Config file but X won't start
and complains of finding no appropriate hardware for the driver even though
LSPCI reports the Ati Rage on the PCI bus at 0:0f.0
I've tried using the BusID bit of XF86Config with the decimal version of the
PCI address but this hasn't worked.

I'm using the standard kernel as installed in YDL 3.0 and have run yum for
the latest updates. I have to use Boot X and to boot successfully I have to
use check the "No Video Driver" box.

Is there anything else I can try? I'd really like to get X faster!

Thanks in advance..

adrian