new kernel with bootx on old world mac

Geert Janssens yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 2 13:05:04 2003

/boot/name-of-your-new-kernel

A kernel for ppc machines is typically named vmlinux or
vmlinux-version-of-kernel

So copy the file that matches the version of the kernel you installed.

Note: sometimes a kernel is installed as vmlinux with no version string
added. In that case it's best you rename the copy of the file to have a
version string attached. That way you know at boot time wich kernel you
load.

Hope that helps.

Geert