netatalk in YDL 3.0

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 3 14:49:01 2003

I'm going to be updating our YDL 2.3 server at work to YDL 3.0.1.  I
see that YDL 3.0 comes with netatalk 1.5.5.

The questions I'm getting are: "Will this one *finally* handle the long
filenames?"  In perusing the website, I cannot tell how full-featured
1.5.5 is.  I presume at least some here are using it and can answer
that question.

Also, I see that netatalk is up to 1.6.x.  Looking at rpmfind.net, I
don't see any RPMs for 1.6.x for YDL.  While I could build it from
source, I prefer using binary RPMs...  Are there any better places to
look for the latest netatalk RPMs build for YDL?

Thanks!
-Michael