LDAP authorization

Anna Kurpiel yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Dec 5 06:52:02 2003

Hi!
I've got some eMac machines with MacOSX and YDL installed. There
are more then hundred of users in network. All users accounts
are stored on the Power G4 with Mac OS X Server (10.2.8)
installed. They are stored in the Netinfo database with LDAP
support. Users home directories are also stored on that server.
When user log in from MacOSX his username and passwdord is
authorized by the server. None of the accounts are stored
locally on eMacs.
My question is: can I get same situation on Linux?
During installation of YDL I has setup LDAP support on client,
but when I'm trying to login to YDL he tells me that my home
directory points to a
directory "/Network/Servers/Users/some_user" which doesn't
exist. Location is right for MacOSX cause it use AFP automount.
But can this share be mounted during bootup (with SMB)? Maybe I
can use different home directories for MacOSX and Linux? But how?
Best regards, TomaszQ.
PS. Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Ryszard Rynkowski "Ten typ tak ma". Najnowszy, długo oczekiwany album
Ryszarda Rynkowskiego, "Ten typ tak ma" już w sprzedaży!
http://muzyka.wp.pl/premiery.html?idn=1231