nVidia's policies suck (Was Re: 12 inch powerbook with nividia 32 mg vidioe card)

Atro Tossavainen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 8 00:19:02 2003

> I notice that ydl still has nv drivers ,no idea about excellearated
> drivers that you update etc/X11.xf Congif to nivida instead of nv and get
> better accelarated vidieo?

Sorry Patrick.  nVidia is to blame.

I repeat, nVidia alone is to blame.

If I didn't make myself clear yet, nVidia really needs to get a clue.

nVidia does not provide specifications to *ANYONE*, *even under non-
disclosure agreements*, which is why the nv support in XFree86 is rather
rudimentary and which is why the commercial X server manufacturer Xi
Graphics can't provide any support for nVidia cards *at all*, either.

nVidia provides binary-only drivers for x86.  If you can get them
interested in producing PowerPC versions of the same, then maybe things
will get nice and cozy for you.  Meanwhile, I recommend that anybody
considering running Linux on any computer refuse to buy any further
nVidia hardware.

Did I already mention that I think nVidia sucks?

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.