Bad language

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 8 13:23:02 2003

I agree, Atro, that I don't want any Mommies or NetNannies overlooking
this site, and I don't have any on my system to screen what comes in
from the list. OTOH, I'm in favor of voluntary restraint when it comes
to use of obscene language. There are other ways of expressing strong
opinions. Also, it's a "slippery slope" phenomenon; and the more free
members on the list feel to use obscene slang, then the more of it there
will be. I for one would not want to see a lot of gratuitous foul
language on the site such as characterizes the typical movie these days.
Not being a prude--I just think that, by and large, avoidance of obscene
slang is part of keeping to the topic at hand.

Just a "for what it's worth." Cheers.    --Harvey