Cannot boot OS X anymore

Thomas Kuehner yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Dec 11 08:24:01 2003

Hi Ben

> It has something to do with OpenBoot getting fragged. I have done this a
> number of times (mainly by zapping the PRAM). The only way I could get
> OS X back was to reinstall OS X from scratch. Let me know if you figure
> out another way!

That's what I found out to. When keeping the ALT-Key pressed I can boot Mac
OS 9 and therefrom starting YDL using BootX, so no probs.

But when I choose Mac OS X using the Startup Disk control panel and reboot
the Mac stops booting and stays in an OpenFirmware prompt on the internal
video.

If I knew how to pass the correct boot-device setting in the OF I could
force the machine to boot from OS X.

I had the same problem booting from the YDL 3.0.1 CD on my PBG3 Bronze and
had to boot into OF and give em a 'boot cdrom' command to make it boot from
the CD.

If I reinstall Mac OS X will the issue dissapear or come back after booting
YDL again?

> Ben Ricker

Thomas

Thomas Kuehner