Time on PowerBooks

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Dec 11 09:17:01 2003

At 09:03 -0600 on 2003-12-11 Seth Dimbert wrote:

 > The issue is an odd behavior seen when a PowerBook wakes from
 > sleep. A user has noticed that it takes the Menu Bar clock in OS X
 > some time to set itself to the updated time; as many as 15 seconds
 > according to some reports. The question is, is this a GUI thing or
 > a system time thing?

For what it's worth (I've never looked specifically for this) I
believe it to be a GUI thing--I have not noticed this kind of
behaviour ever on my machine (Tibook rev. III).  I ran over time
various Linux 2.4.2something-benh, and both pmud+pbbuttonsd and
pbbuttonsd alone as power managers.

I boot into OS X (10.1.something) only when I do presentations
(sometime please fix the mirroring issue with Radeon Mobility cards
:-( ) and then the machine never goes to sleep, so I cannot confirm
one way or another the mentioned behaviour under OS X.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.