12/2 G5 install disks -- kernel panic on boot

Eric V Van hensbergen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Dec 11 11:24:12 2003

>   image=/boot/vmlinux-2.6.0-0.10.64a
>            label=linux64
>            root=/dev/sda11
>            read-only
>            append="video=ofonly hda=ide-scsi"
>
>    image=/boot/vmlinux-2.6.0-0.10.64a
>            label=linux64r
>            root=/dev/sda11
>            read-only
>            append="video=radeon:dsp hda=ide-scsi"
>
>    delay=10
>    enablecdboot
>
>Save the file, run again
>
>    /usr/sbin/ybin -v
>
>and reboot.  You should be in business.  By the way, as you can see
>from the image sections, the experimental 64-bit kernel actually
>supports my Radeon 9600 and yes, it's at full resolution.  X works
>with the unaccelerated framebuffer, but at least it works--will
>compile a development snapshot of XFree86 as soon as I find the time
>and I hope then to have accelerated X too.  The machine is really fast
>and a pleasure to work on (even with nonaccelerated X).

I just tried the 54-bit kernel with the same yaboot config as your
linux64r configuration.  The
framebuffer sort of works, but I get ghosting and flickering pretty bad on
my 23" Cinema display.
Are you not seeing this?  Any hints, clues?

        -eric