YDL and firewire drive

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Dec 12 10:47:01 2003

I've followed the directions on Richard McLain's 10/03/2003 Boot from a
FireWire drive HOWTO on two separate drives and I keep getting the same
error.

After typing "> boot fw/node/sbp-2/disk@0:2, yaboot" (and partition 2
is the location of my bootloader partition), I get:

MAC-PARTS: LOAD (noninterposed) not supportedloadsize=0 adler32=1
LOAD-SIZE is too small

Since you are booting from the firewire drive happily, there is
probably an error in what I did.  However, it's probably something more
than a typo, because I did it twice on two separate drives.

Has anyone seen this error or know what could be causing it?  That
might lead me to the problem and what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!