YDL and firewire drive

Gavin Hemphill yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 10 18:18:02 2003

YDL 3 boots fine from a firewire drive, thats the way I'm running my YDL
system now.  Search the archives for Bill Fink's howto boot ppc linux
from and external firewire drive.  Note: the discussion about devfs
seems to be a little off the mark since I'm using labels to mount my
root system without following any of that stuff.  To install to a
firewire drive you will have to use the full up kernel rather than the
BOOT version, and modify the initrd as specified in the howto.
	G++