YDL and firewire drive

Gavin Hemphill yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Dec 12 13:01:02 2003

I've seen this when people try to follow that howto without
understanding just what they're up to.  The problem is that on various
machines the OF aliases that Bill talks about (fw, node, etc.) aren't
correct.  for example my OF fw alias points to the wrong address.  This
means that I'm using something like:

/pci@f4000000/firewire@e/node/sbp-2/disk@0:12,/boot/vmlinux-2.4.20-8d

as my path to the kernel.  I also note you don't have the leading / on
your path.  You need to boot into OF and get the device tree listing -
noting if things like fw point to the correct things.  If you can't
figure it out, send me some mail with things like your of tree etc and
I'll try to give you a hand.

There are also some other things in the howto that I have found to be
unnecessary for example I'm using labels without mucking around with devfs.
	G++