Ipchains and Iptables

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 17 11:14:17 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 05:23:54AM -0500, Derick Centeno wrote:
> I sent in a query regarding ipchains and got a response regarding
> iptables (which I'm appreciative of) which I attempted.  It was nice to
> discover that at least the response was approving the guessing I was
> engaging in.
> However, I decided after seeing the output of ./iptables -L, that there
> had to be a better way other than becoming an expert on nearly every
> little nuance.

Apart from the other suggestions regarding firewall front ends, if you
want to find out more about iptables you could try looking at:

http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html

(or do a google search for `iptables tutorial' to come up with other
locations).  It is probably more than you are interested in, but will
provide a lot of information :-).

--
Stephen Harker                           Stephen.Harker@spme.monash.edu.au
School of Physics & Materials Engineering