fwp partitioned drive & anaconda

Markus Tarköy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 22 01:32:01 2003

Hi there,

apparently anaconda has a problem with FWB formatted drives. Is there an
easy work-around for this or am I forced to re-initialize my 70GB drive
with Apple's drive setup prior to being able to install YDL 3.0.1 ?
My machine is a beige G3 with a Sonnet G4 card (oldworld) therefore I need
BootX. In May 2003 there was a post for "fixing" this partition error by
fiddling with the partition map ('Workaround for install crash in "Disk
partitioning" screen'). However, this was for a newworld machine and I am
not sure if this could work on a Oldworld machine with FWB drivers on.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. I do really not fancy
backing up all my stuff and reinitalize my drive.
Bye now    Markus