Beige G3 can't find root after install

Duane Foster yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 22 16:01:00 2003

Since there was a spare IDE drive laying around,  I started down this =
path.  Installed the IDE drive, reinstalled YDL3.01 and ended up with a =
kernel panic when I tried to boot.
VFS: Cannot open root device "hdc5" or 00:00

I noticed that you stated that the IDE internal master bus should be =
used.  I installed IDE hard drive on ATA bus 1, while my CD drive is on =
ATA bus 0.  Should I swap them?

duane