FreeS/WAN installation

Pietro Pesci Feltri C. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 24 14:08:01 2003

Some days ago, I saw some posting about problems installing FreeS/WAN. I
tried myself by several days but no luck using the patch method. Then I
try to compile all as modules and it worked.

There are the steps I follow:

1) Get the source Kernel Version 2.4.22-2g (last version in yum repository)
2) Configure, compile and install the Kernel. Unfortunately for me, the
original setings don't worked because the lack of devices drivers and
socket filtering.
3) Try the kernel to make sure it works fine.
4) Download freeswan-2.04.tar.gz from FreeS/WAN site and expand to any
directory
5) Enter in freswan-2.04 directory
6) do "make oldmod"
7) do "make minstall"