newbie to yellow dog linux

admin@datazap.net yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Dec 25 01:16:01 2003

Hi,

I would like to install YDL on a G3 blue & white (and maybe some day on a
powerbook G3). I have looked up both systems and they are said to be
compatable. The blue & white is suppose to be a Christmas present to my
kids, but it came with a broken install of of OS X on it. I would like to
add a dvd drive, but I read that the Hardware DVD decoder is not
supported. Does this mean that I will not be able to play dvds on that
system, or does it mean that I just will not be able to use the hardware
decoder?

Also, I was reading the mailing list archives. I was wondering if anyone
has any good solution for running windows software on mac hardware
(preferably without windows)?

Thanks,
Al