modprobe, USB, and other modules

nathan r. hruby yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 29 07:12:01 2003

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Olaf Olson wrote:

> I would definitely be convinced that I am SOL, IF I got some sort of
> error message stating that the device couldn't be read, was
> incompatible, or just spewed out the usual string of error codes. All I
> get is "modprobe: Can't locate module usb-uhci". I hope this means I
> still have a chance.

If Apple has never supported uhci, it may be that support just isn't
available in the defaulty compiled kernel.  If you do a "find /lib/modules
-name \*uhci\* -print" what pops up?  If nothing then you'll need to
rebuild the kernel manually to enable that driver.  See many other threads
in the archives and the various HOWTO's for rebuilding the kernel :)

Additionally, were I you, I'd submit a bug to bugs.terrasoft.com and ask
them to enable this driver in future kernel builds -- assuming of course
that they really don't build that driver.  Me not having a YDL machine
readily available makes it er.. a little hard to figure you for myself.

-n

nathan hruby <nhruby@uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free