USB configuring

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Dec 28 17:44:00 2003

Bruce Woller wrote this, July 15, 2003. It looks like a really promising
link to answer many of my questions on my USB install, but......

 >snip
I have had good success with mkinitrd. See
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Kernel-HOWTO/create_initrd.html for
a quick description of using this utility. It basically sets up your
initrd.img file based on what functions were compiled as modules in the
last kernel build. On new world machines yaboot.conf has a pointer to
the initrd.img file (e.g. initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.20-8d.img). Works for
me. Regards, Bruce

< end snip

The linux .org site says this link goes nowhere. Any update?

Thanks

Olaf