Install Problems and RAM on Wallstreet

eniac yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 7 14:37:01 2003

It sounds like a hardware issue to me.  Is the slot that the memory is
fitting into damaged?
Try downloading another version of yellowdog, and see if its with the
2.3 installer/newer kernel versus say a 2.2 installer/older kernel.

I doubt there is a bug with a good higher ram count.  How did you test
the ram?

How far into the install does it get? Does it crash at a particular
point during the install?  What are the specs on the ram?  Did you try
flashing the PRAM, I've found this helpful after fiddling with mac hardware.

Thats all I can say for ya man.
Mac hardware is always going to be kinda wierd.  I've seen it enough,
they feel kinda organic compared to other platforms.  They feel like Sun
hardware.

Kyle.