USB digital camera problems in YDL 2.3

Joe Strafach yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 7 11:48:01 2003

Hi,
I'm running YDL 2.3 on a powermac g4/400 with 512 meg's of ram, stock ati=
 rage=20
128 video card. I can't figure out how to impport my digital photos from =
my=20
Kodak DC3400.=20
Here is the relevant ouput from dmesg :

usb.c: registered new driver dc2xx
dc2xx.c: USB Camera #0 connected, major/minor 180/80
dc2xx.c: v1.0.0:USB Camera Driver for Kodak DC-2xx series cameras

=46rom my research I need to disable the dc2xx driver. So that the KDE di=
gital=20
camera control module will be able to communicate with my camera. How do =
I do=20
that. After i=20
/sbin/rmmod dc2xx

dmesg outputs
usb.c: USB disconnect on device 7
dc2xx.c: USB Camera #0 disconnected

dc2xx goes away until I connect the camera again. Then it loads itself.

I've tried the KDE digital camera control module nad the error I get is=20
"unable to initialize camera, bad parameters". The program lists the 3400=
 as=20
a supported camera. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance,
Joe