Install Problems and RAM on Wallstreet

Don Montalvo yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 7 23:44:01 2003

I've got YDL 2.3 running on a Wallstreet Rev2 with 384M RAM (128
lower, 256 upper). Works fine with or without GUI...but I eventually
reverted to non-GUI install since I  was just running Apache 1.3x and
didn't need anything more.

Here's what I got from Apple System Profiler:

	Memory overview
	Disk cache:	8160K
	Virtual memory:	is off
	Built-in memory:	384 MB
	Location	Size	Memory type
	Bottom	128 MB	SDRAM DIMM
	Top	256 MB	SDRAM DIMM
	Backside L2 cache:	512K

:)
Don

David Merwin <dave@asulos.com> wrote:

>I have a wallstreet and 384 megs of ram. When I install the YDL 2.3 with
>just the base memory, no problem. Works great but slow. When I put in
>the 256 chip, problem. Machine crashes. Try to install with chip in...
>no good. Here is the best part. RAM tested - Fine. YDL sent me a new
>install disk. And yes, I have tried every type of install. gui, text,
>2.3 and 2.2. No problem. I think that there is a bug, but I can not seem
>to figure out what it is. I need help. I feel like Bilbo playing the
>riddle game in the dark with Gollum. Except, I am about to get eaten!
>
>Romain Kang wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know of a standalone memory tester for PPC machines?
>>In the x86 world, there's memtest86:
>  >	http://www.memtest86.com/
>>
>>Romain Kang                             Disclaimer: I speak for myself alone,
>  >romain@kzsu.stanford.edu                except when indicated otherwise.

Don Montalvo		Home: 212-307-7753
747 Tenth Avenue	Cell: 917-559-5713
Apartment 28i		Email: dmjgraphics@nyc.rr.com
New York, NY		URL: http://donmontalvo.com
10019			AIM: donmontalvo

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him
  to hold in higher regard those who think alike than
     those who think differently."   -- Nietzsche