Sleep with Radeon 7500 mobility WORKS!

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 12 09:41:01 2003

At 08:11 -0800 on 2003-2-12 John Duarte wrote:

 > I presume that this means that any of the iBooks and PowerBooks
 > using the M7 chip can now have the ability to snooze.

Yes Sir, my M7-based tibook now sleeps--and wakes up too. :-) I
wholeheartedly join you in thanking Ben Herrenschmidt.

This being said, I do have slight problems upon wakeup: Sometimes I
lose the (ability to switch to other) virtual terminals than VT7, and
it is also the case that some artifacts appear on the screen after
wakeup.  I also get an unstable screen on occasion.

Did anybody else experience similar problems?  I am running Linux
2.4.20-ben5 and XFree86 4.2.0-6.30e.  I suspect the problems have
something to do now with XFree86 rather than the kernel, so I am
thinking about compiling the latest CVS version of it.  But then
before starting to build 350 megs of code, I thought I should ask you
guys whether the thing works for you.  Does it?  Maybe you have then a
working XF86Config I could take a peek at?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.