Ibok kernel headers

Charles Sellers yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Feb 17 07:49:01 2003

No, it's the M8603LL/A that came out last summer.  It's fairly similar,
except it has a 14.1" screen and an ATI Radeon (no 7500).  Other than that I
don't think they changed much (except the price, of course).  But anyway,
yes I did download the patched fro ~dburcaw/newibook.  They seem to work
fine.  Most everything works correctly, except the screen in console mode.
It works fine, except that I get horizontal lines across it when I reach the
bottom of the page and it has to scroll previous text up.  If I switch
virtual consoles, then switch back, the lines disappear.  I use X most of
the time, and it works flawlessly, so I haven't worried much about the
problem.  Other than that, it was the easiest linux install and config I've
ever had.  This is especially true for wireless.  I tried to get a PC
notebook up on wireless a year ago, and it was a huge headache.  Yellowdog
was very simple.  I'm pleased.

Chad Sellers