Adding mount points

Angela Kahealani yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 18 23:21:01 2003

notFusion wrote:

> I have a rather simple question, how do I access my other hfs
> partitions? _______________________________________________

man mkdir; man mount
mkdir        /mnt/some_partition  /mnt/other_partition
mount -t hfs /dev/some_partition  /mnt/some_partition
mount -t hfs /dev/other_partition /mnt/other_partition
If you wind-up with the contents of such a mounted volume
offering you a SimpleText document:
"Where Have All My Files Gone" or something like that,
you've got the HFS wrapper around an HFS+ volume.
umount /mnt/hfs_wrapper
mkdir /mnt/hfs_plus_partition
mount -t hpfs /dev/hfs_plus_partition /mnt/hfs_plus_partition
and expect it to fail with an error message that the module
hpfs cannot be found, then ask the developers how many $
it would take to motivate them to finish it and get it into
the next distribution.

--
Copyright 2003 Angela Kahealani. http://www.kahealani.com/
All Rights Reserved Without Prejudice, UCC 1-207,