KDE 3.1

Brian Waite yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 19 07:13:01 2003

Well there are a few ways to do what you want. First, You can update your
.login and add the lines:
export QTDIR=~/kde3.1
export KDEDIR=~/kde3.1
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/kde3.1/lib
export PATH=~/kde3.1/bin:$PATH
export KDEHOME=~/.kdetest
export WINDOWMANAGER=startkde
This should make it that whenever you start kde as youself it will grab the
3.1 release.

The other way is to add a menu option to kdm. I know this is what you really
want to do, but I am not quite sure which files to whack to get it running.
Sorry

Brian