KDE 3.1

Patrick Callahan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 19 04:29:01 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:29:35 -0500
Brian Waite <waite@skycomputers.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> 	I just wanted to let you all know that use Stephen Binner's konstruct
> framework I was able to build KDe 3.1 offical today and I am running it right
> now. It looks great, feels great and hey it is just a good thing :)
> Anyone wanting to play on the bleeding edge of stable ought to give it a go.
> If you are winting for the new YDL fr it, I wouldn't expect it as they have
> said if you want to know what ydl 3.0 will look like look at RH 8.0 (please
> no bluecurve!)
>
> Bye all
> Brian

I'd like to give it a try.  I've built 3.1 rc6 but Kde 3.0 still comes up.  Where do you configure things so you can use additional desktop managers in YDL.  I want to select one of three kde versions when logging in.  I'd also like to add and try other desktop managers like cde.

      KDE from the distribution  Kde 3.0
      KDE release candidate	 Kde 3.1 rc6
      KDE bleeding edge          Kde cvs version

I'm looking for specific information on what the YDL login calls and what all the relevant configuration files actually are.

-Pat