Postfix "make install" problem...

Daniel J. Cstello yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 19 06:34:01 2003

I'm so close!!

I'm trying to install postfix 2.0.3 on my YDL 2.3 server.  I have been able
to get it compile up to this point.  When I run "make install" it asks the
series of questions to find out where you want to keep certain files.

Usually there is a default choice to use which is a satisfactory answer.
I'm not getting a default option in between the [].  Does anyone have any
idea why?

I have a snippet of what the installer looks like below:

"
Please specify the full destination pathname for the installed Postfix
mailq command. This is the Sendmail-compatible mail queue listing command.
mailq_path: []

Please specify the owner of the Postfix queue. Specify an account with
numerical user ID and group ID values that are not used by any other
accounts on the system.
mail_owner: []

Please specify the group for mail submission and for queue management
commands. Specify a group name with a numerical group ID that is
not shared with other accounts, not even with the Postfix mail_owner
account. You can no longer specify "no" here.
setgid_group: []                "

Does anyone know the defaults I should use to manually fill in?

Thanks in advance.
Daniel