Garnome 0.21.2 / nautilus

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Feb 20 13:31:01 2003

I've installed gnome2.2 successfully on YDL 2.3 with the exception of a
few things. Nautilus seems to be broken in some areas. The 'Views' on
the left of a window contain no (tree|history|notes|etc).
http://randys.org/ydl/gnome2.2/ for some screen grabs of the errors I
get. This wouldn't be such a big deal, but I can't open some preference
settings like the Desktop Preferences and a couple of others...they all
depend on using the notes vies apparently. I deleted all my ~/.gnome*
dirs before starting gnome2 so nothing from the "other side" should be
interfering...but I don't know.

Also, GDM (from Garnome) is painfully slow when it starts up...takes
about minute - minute & a half from the time the boot process is
finished until the login prompt pops up. I am using XFree86 4.3.0 RC2
(aka xf-4_2_99_902) if that makes any difference.

And, not to beat an old dog, but I never got KDE3.1 to compile...that's
OK though...I think I like Gnome better.

Anyway, anyone have any ideas about the libnautilus.so.0 issue?

Thanks
r.

PS
Sorry, let me give some specifics...

Quicksilver 733 (2001)
384MB/60GB & 15GB (YDL 2.3 on the 60GB)
nVidia GeForce 2MX (32 MB I think) using the X nv driver