Fwd: Kopete packagers wanted

Jonathan Singer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 21 13:47:04 2003

The developers for Kopete (a KDE-based instant messenger, I think) are
looking for binary packagers. Anyone interested in helping out with YDL
packages?

It's really easy to do if you have the stock -devel packages installed. (I'd
offer myself to do it but have an updated KDE. I'd be glad to give help with
creating the binary, though.)

If you're interested, contact Nick directly.

From: Nick Betcher <nbetcher@kde.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:54:05 -0600
To: kopete-devel@kde.org, kde-devel@kde.org
Subject: Kopete 0.6.1 and future binary packages

Hello,
    Having been the RD for both the 0.6 and now 0.6.1 releases of Kopete, it
is very hard to find people willing to create binary packages, even if I
provide the spec file for rpm-based distributions.

    Is anyone out there willing to help out Kopete by compiling 0.6.1 (using
the spec file) into a binary package? If so, please reply to me, not the ML,
as I would like to keep track of everyone (also, to kde-devel: I'm not
subscribed).

    YOU MUST HAVE A STOCK INSTALL. Small upgrades that are from the distro
provider are okay, but you cannot have a modified system (for obviously good
reasons). This is a requirement. Creating this package is very easy if you
have all of the kde development packages installed.

                Thanks,
                    Nick Betcher