YDL on new G4 Powerbooks? Trouble

massimo zavagli yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Feb 24 04:03:02 2003

Hallo

 i have the new titanium powerbook 12" g4 867MHz with
256MB of RAM and a 40 GByte HD, graphic card NVidia.

I have big troubles to install the Yellow Dog 2.3 (I
tried also tried to install PPC MANDRAKE 8.2 (2 ISO
images downloaded from the web)

I made two partition of about 20 GB size each one: the
first is a HFS+, the second has been mounted in
different time with HFS, UNIX or let free space. The
partitioning has been made by using Drive Setup during
the boot from the installation of MC OSX CD

 Until now, I followed the instruction on the tutorial
available on the web about the PPC MANDRAKE
installation

First MC OSX has been installed, then by OpenFirmware
with the following line

  boot cd:,\\yaboot

  note the "," was necessary.

 From this point the following trouble arised:
 1) I started the installation in text mode because no
graphical mode worked correctly. (the video
accelerator is Nvidia)
 2) At the question of which scsi interface install, I
do not able to answer. (so i prefer custom
installation)
  3) AT THE START OF THE HARD DISK CONFIGURATION, NO
SUPPORT, WHERE
INSTALL FILESYSTEM, HAS BEEN DETECTED AND THE
INSTALLATION ABORTED.

  These problems arised for each type of mounting of
the second partition.
  Can you help me?
  any suggestion is very greatfully appreciated

Massimo Zavagli

Yahoo! Cellulari: loghi, suonerie, picture message per il tuo telefonino
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mobile.yahoo.com/index2002.html