Mount Red Hat NFS Drive

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 1 13:03:01 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Drew Lane wrote:
>I've been trying to mount a hard drive located on my Red Hat 7.2 box to
>my YDL 2.2 box, but I keep getting this error:
>
>mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

 From my experience, I would say it is likely a problem with either your
exports file and/or hosts.allow file (on the server obviously). Make sure
that you are running portmap on the client and server machine as well.

 A common error is something like this (example line from an /etc/exports
file):

/path/to/share 192.168.1.100(rw,nohide,no_subtree_check,insecure_locks,all_squash,anonuid=501,anongid=501)

 no space here -------------^

 If you have a space between the IP address (or IP range) and the options,
you will get unpredictable results.

 Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris