Mount Red Hat NFS Drive

Drew Lane yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 1 16:43:01 2003

>  From my experience, I would say it is likely a problem with either your
> exports file and/or hosts.allow file (on the server obviously). Make sure
> that you are running portmap on the client and server machine as well.

Well.

After after I wasted a couple of hours trying to get this to work, I finally
figured out that the built in firewall in RH 7 was preventing this from
working.  Grrrr!  I don't believe YDL has anything like this.

But now it is working.

>  If you have a space between the IP address (or IP range) and the options,
> you will get unpredictable results.

Good tip.  I have seen examples where there are spaces, so I wasn't sure what
the required syntax was.

Thanks,

Drew