Package Manager Problems

Drew Lane yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 2 15:07:01 2003

> Copy-and-paste.  If you have gpm running, highlight and press F11.
>
> # rpm -qa | grep sane
> sane-backends-yada-yada    <- highlight this line
> # rpm -e <pasted text>

Worked.  Was I making the same typo over and over?  :^)

One thing I noticed is that in Red Hat, I can type something like:

rpm -e sane*

where * is the wildcard and it finds the package - easy.

Also, I wanted to mention that I find the Red Hat up2date program
very easy to use.  What's the reason something similar isn't included
in YDL?  I mean, apt-get is nice, but I don't think it has the easy to
use graphical interface that up2date has.

Drew