iBook Installation Failure

C.Randolph yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 3 11:09:01 2003

I've been trying to figure out what the problem is with installing YDL 2.3
on a 2002 - 700mhz iBook.

The iBook has a 30gb HD.  I followed the install notes for a 1 drive - 2
partition system.

1) Booted with OS 9.2 CD
2) Disk Utils - 2 partitions - 1 partition is 20gb and unallocated, 2nd
partition is 10gb and Mas OS Standard.
3) Name the 2nd Partition Macintosh HD and installed OS 9.2
4) Boot up with YDL 2.3 CD
5) at the Drive Partitioning option I get  "No Harddrive Found".

Since this is a new world Mac - I even tried to make the whole drive
unallocated and eliminate OS 9.2, that failed too.

Now on October 30, 2002 there is a thread regarding "Problem while loading
YDL 2.3 on 800MHz G4 powermac."

The bulk of this thread is that there is a problem with YDL 2.3 and the
ATA-100 bus.  They resolved this by putting the drives onto an ATA-66 bus.
They had the luxury with a G4 mac, I don't have that luxury with an iBook.

At the end of this thread the following was stated by Dan Burclaw??:
ATA-100 is not yet working.
It may work in the latest benh tree.
In addition, the YDL beta release due out in days will
feature functional ATA100 on the new "windtunnels".

-DAn

So whats the deal here?  Is there a way to get YDL 2.3 on this iBook.  I
assume there must be because Terrasoft sells preconfigured iBooks with it.

CR