iBook Installation Failure

Michael H. Martel yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 3 13:02:01 2003

--On Friday, January 3, 2003 12:10 PM -0600 "C.Randolph"
<randolphc@mindspring.com> wrote:

> The bulk of this thread is that there is a problem with YDL 2.3 and the
> ATA-100 bus.  They resolved this by putting the drives onto an ATA-66 bus.
> They had the luxury with a G4 mac, I don't have that luxury with an iBook.

You're going to hate me, I'm sure.  But check this out and see if it helps.
This ISO image is newer than the original 2.3, includes all but the latest
set of updates, and includes the 2.4.20x kernel.  I forget which Kernel
exactly.

It also installs nicely on my Beige G3's, which the original one didn't.

Hope this helps!