Battery Low Warning

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 8 07:06:01 2003

On my '98 "Wallstreet" Powerbook, whenever I unplug it from the power supply, I get either a "Low" or "About to die" warning, regardless of the state of charge of the battery. Thankfully, it doesn't shut down as a result, but it is annoying and it renders the warning system useless. It usually says I have 18 minutes left, which seems odd because it is set to warn at 15 minutes. Then yesterday it decided to inform me that my fully charged battery had 0 minutes left. I clicked "Continue", and it kept working just fine. The power indicator on the panel works properly, and correctly shows the charge level both graphically and in the pop-up, and the battery actually lasts over 2 hours.
YDL 2.3, KDE 3.0.1, kernel 2.4.19-4a

Any ideas about where the problem might be?

Carl Brown cbsled@ncia.net
When there's no plan, there's one less thing to go wrong.
    -Joe Redington Sr.
-----