Tomcat doesn't generate jpeg image - I get an error

Brian from briantfoster.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 9 07:27:01 2003

I'm trying to learn jsp. I have successfully installed Tomcat on my web
server and all the paths - as far as I know - are correct. I wrote a very
simple jsp example that makes a jpeg image, but when I call the page I get
this error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: sun/awt/X11GraphicsEnvironment
        at
l.java:471)
        at org.apache.jsp.rectangle$jsp._jspService(rectangle$jsp.java:108)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)....

I searched the forums, and the only thing I could find is that this error
could be generated if I don't have  Xwindows installed on my box. But I do
have it installed.

I'm running YDL 2.0, Tomcat 4.0.6, JDK 1.3.1.

Thanks for any help.
--
Brian Foster
Web Developer