3.0

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 10 23:57:01 2003

Hi Dan,

On Fri Jan 10 2003, Dan Burcaw wrote:

> No, we don't have this sort of page.
> We did this in the 2.0 days and it just created some more... stress
> to get it out of the door.  We like to do things right, and so that's
> what we're doing. It'll be done when its ready, etc. ;-)

I like your philosophy.  Better to have the release well checked out
than getting something possibly buggy earlier.

What I was wondering, since I believe XFree86 4.3 is due to be
released shortly (their web page indicates it is planned to coincide
with the Linux World Conference & Exposition to be held January 22-24),
is there any chance that XFree86 4.3 will be included with YDL 3.0?

I've built XFree86-4.2.99.2-0.20021217.0 PPC RPMs from the RedHat
Rawhide source RPM, and it has been working well for me, but I've
only tested it on one of my systems so far (dual 500 MHz G4).

						-Bill