turning on mirroring on PB G3 (Pismo)

Jonathan Walton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jan 11 22:09:00 2003

Okay, I scoured a bunch of help sites, man pages, google searches, etc for
how to turn on mirroring on my PB G3, and I found nothing.  But I figured
it out by looking in the kernel source.  So I figured I'd post the answer
just in case anyone else is looking for it:

When booting, add the kernel argument:
     video=aty128fb:lcd:1,crt:1
or by add the following to the appropriate image=... section of your
yaboot.conf file:
     append = "video=aty128fb:lcd:1,crt:1"

I had been hoping to use the two displays independently (in a dual-head,
xinerama situation), but I didn't figure out how to do that.  I suspect
it's not supported in the current video driver, and I haven't yet gathered
up enough courage (or time) to try to add it myself.
Of course, if anyone has suggestions on running dual-head, I'd love to
hear them!

  Jonathan