RAID setup

Tim Seufert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jan 12 15:39:01 2003

On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 07:34  PM, David Tisdell wrote:

> Tim,
> Thanks for the idea. I was thinking about that myself.
> I reformatted with Apple's Drive setup and the install
> went without a hitch.
> Since you mentioned the ability to use Raid, do you
> have any good tips oncreating RAID volumes? I was
> planning on that using raidtools but I don't have any
> experience with this. I have created raid volumes in
> RedHat but that was as part of the install using Disk
> Druid. I haven't manually done it before. I am in
> process of recompiling the lernel with RAID support.

I haven't tried setting up a RAID in a while, so I can't give direct
advice, but I can point you to where I'd start if I was going to set
one up:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO.html

Also, I think that YDL kernels are preconfigured for RAID support, so
you may not need a custom kernel.