firewire

Walls, Bryan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 16 14:15:01 2003

I have a powercomputing powercurve to which I have decided to add a firewire
PCI card, and an external 100GB Western Digital drive in a Firewire external
box (with Oxford 911 card).

I'm currently running YDL 2.1 from the internal SCSI.

What's my best method for running with the new drive? I'm actually wanting
the space mostly to be able to serve files to Macs, my MP3 collection
foremost.

How should I format the drive?

Can I boot to YDL on the firewire drive? Seems like it ought to work, if I
figure out the device number...

A side issue, my current implementation has AppleTalk working fine from Mac
OS 9 machines, but it fails from my laptop running OS X. What can I do to
make it work with either?