6500 no internal sound

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 16 15:18:01 2003

I have a PM 6500 that will not play sound out of the internal speaker, but works fine if you plug external speakers into it.  It will not even make beeps (such as you would normally hear when you hit the backspace key on a terminal).  Sound works fine in the MacOS.  It is currently running YD 2.3 and have also run 2.1 in the past with the same problem.  I have also run the 2.2 and 2.4 kernal and am currently using the benh 2.4 kernel, none seem to work.  I have gone into aumix and kmix with no luck.  Has anyone got this to work on a 6500?