firewire

David Tisdell yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 16 18:41:01 2003

I can't answer the firewire question although I don't
think you will be able to boot from that drive as you
can't biit from a firewire drive in old world Macs
using Mac OS
Regarding the AppleTalk question. You need to update
Netatalk to at least 1.5.3 or run Adrian Sun's version
of 1.4 (1.4+asun etc). The first versions of 1.5 did
not work with OS X. You can iether use Apt-get to
install or go to rpmfind.net and get the rpm. good
luck.
Dave
_________________________________
have decided to add a
firewire
PCI card, and an external 100GB Western Digital drive
in a Firewire
external
box (with Oxford 911 card).

I'm currently running YDL 2.1 from the internal SCSI.

What's my best method for running with the new drive?
I'm actually
wanting
the space mostly to be able to serve files to Macs, my
MP3 collection
foremost.

How should I format the drive?

Can I boot to YDL on the firewire drive? Seems like it
ought to work,
if I
figure out the device number...

A side issue, my current implementation has AppleTalk
working fine from
Mac
OS 9 machines, but it fails from my laptop running OS
X. What can I do
make it work with either?