Mystery to me...

David Merwin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 17 01:03:01 2003

I think I am going crazy. Does anyone know what could be causing this
problem?
Here are the details
PB G3 Wallstreet 400mhz
YDL2.3 -

Ok, couple months ago I get YDL and install.
Crashes all the time. Usually in X but could be anywhere. Friend
suggests bad RAM.
Ok, remove the 128 chip.
Runs great. No worries.
No problems. Useing it for weeks no crashes ever. Believe me I tried.
But, it is really really slow. (Ever try to develop in Quanta with
little ram? Press open... go take a nap.)
So I order a 256 SODIMM chip from PowerMax.
Click it in...  BLAM! Can't even get x to finish booting. Reinstall...
same problem.
Take the chip back out... yup. Runs fine, but real slow.
Do I have two bad chips of RAM or is it worse?

I am going crazy. Please offer any help you can.

Thanks.

David Merwin