Trouble Booting From ISO-Burned 2.3 Image

Drew Waltman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 16 17:56:00 2003

--Apple-Mail-5-33395538

This is really frustrating.

I've downloaded the YDL 2.3 ISO image at least 3 times today, trying
to get a good burn.  No such luck.  I've tried burning via ToastTi 5.2
and
also by the command line app "hdiutil".  No luck with either.

After downloading the ISO files each time I used hdiutil to check the
checksums, each time, they came out fine, so I'm fairly sure the file
is not at fault.  I've burned the CD twice in Toast, once using "Burn
Disk" and again using "Burn Session" (If that even makes a difference).
No luck there either.  I did one burn using hdiutil which took a bit,
let it verify, then tested it.  None of these CDs would boot.

Toast has always been picky, and this has been the first time I've
used hdiutil to burn a CD before, so I'm not exactly sure if it's the
software at fault.  If it helps, I've listed the machine burning the CD's
specs:

Model: iMac, Summer 2001
CPU: PowerPC 750 (G3)
Drive: Matshita CD-RW, CW-7121
OS: MacOS 10.1.5
Software: Both ToastTi 5.2 and hdiutil
ISO: dayton-2.3-20020704-install.iso
Failed Burns: A Pathetic 4
Media: KHypermedia CD-R's (Cheap Stuff)

And the target machine for the YDL install:

Model: iMac, Original Rev A
CPU: PowerPC 750 (G3)
Drive: Stock 24x CD-ROM
OS: Yellow Dog Linux 2.1 (I'm Updating)
Boot Method: "C" At Startup And "C" In The Bootloader

The machine would check the CD, and return to the bootloader
prompt.  Trying again would result in the machine booting into
it's MacOS partition.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

- Vellos

[...]

- Vellos</fontfamily>

--Apple-Mail-5-33395538--